Overview[edit | edit source]
A gathering skill centered on fresh and saltwater fishing.
With 1.2 you will have to buy sport fishing bait with Vocation Badges, which you can purchase on a Fishing Boat, Farmer's Workstation, and at the Blue Salt Representative of your continent. In The East, they can be found in Anvilton, Tigerspine Mountains near the public farm. In the West, she can be found in Windshade, Lilyut Hills behind the public farm.
Basic Fishing[edit | edit source]
Requirements for fishing
- Fishing pole
- Bait Worms (From harvesting Farming Seed Bundles, Farming Seed Bundles can be crafted at a Farmer's Workstation, or buying them on the Auction House)
Equipping a fishing pole will cause the dynamic shortcut bar to appear containing your fishing abilities. Chum and Lures are not required for basic fishing.
Sport Fishing[edit | edit source]
Requirements for sport fishing
- Fishing pole
Fishing skill influences the damage you do in sport fishing. Allowing you to catch fish faster, and to catch bigger fish. Plus 2 damage bonus every 1000 fishing proficiency on top of the poles base damage. Big damage bonus for each fishing pole requiring higher proficiency.
How to Sport Fish[edit | edit source]
- You need to locate a schools of fish in lakes and oceans. These can be easily spotted, because there will be birds circling the schooling or frenzied fish. Only Carp, Eel and Arowana can be found in lakes. Bluefin Tuna, Sturgeon, Sail Fish, and Blue Marlin are all found in the ocean.
- You must use the correct chum for the fish you are trying to catch. Once you throw the chum in the water it becomes a feeding frenzy.
- When the fish are in their feeding frenzy you can toss out your line. Remember each pole uses a different color lure, and does different amounts of damage. Trying to catch a 30-37k fish with bamboo pole probably won’t work.
- When a fish grabs your line you will hear the sound as if you just started combat. You get the exp, proficiency, and vocation badges as soon as the fish bites. Only benefit to catching it is turning it in for gold. You can let the fish go and recast your line if you just want to quickly gain exp, proficiency, and vocation badges.
- If you decide to catch the fish you can then target the fish and watch what buffs it is using. You then use the skills on your fishing poles shortcut bar to match the buff. Just a tip if you key bind the fishing shortcut bar to the arrow keys and zero on your number pad you can easily determine what skill to use. Left Arrow for Stand Firm Left, Right Arrow for Stand Firm Right, Up Arrow for Big Reel In, Down Arrow for Small Reel In, and Zero for Give Slack. The buffs are generally arrows so key binding it this way can help you avoid clicking the wrong skill.
- When the fish’s HP goes to 0, or sometimes low enough, it will be executed allowing you to pick it up. The fish will appear on your back and acts just like a trade pack. Greatly reduces your movement speed and swim speed.
- Fishing is best done in groups so you can all get fish and turn them in at the same time, since each person can only hold one fish. Fishing boats allow you to store five fry and standard fish, and hooks in the back to store two gargantuan. As well as each person you are with can carry one fish on their back.
- You can then take the fish to a fish scale and get gold based on type of fish, and size.
Fish Prices[edit | edit source]
The average price for each fish is listed below. These prices can vary slightly based on the weight of the fish.
|Average Fish Price|
|Fish||18k HP||30k HP||37k HP|
Items[edit | edit source]
Fishing Rods[edit | edit source]
|Item||Fishing Req.||Damage||Labor Cost||Source||Reagents (mouse over)|
|Archeum Fishing Rod||50000||768 270||100||Handicrafts|
|Arcadian Smart Rod||0||683 180||100||Hallowtide Event (Rod lasts 100 days)||N/A|
|Bamboo Fishing Rod||0||255 64||100||Handicrafts|
|Gilt Fishing Rod||30000||574 191||100||Handicrafts|
|Mirage Fishing Rod||0||544 146||100||[Contest Coin Collector] Surprise Helper||N/A|
|Mother-of-Pearl Bamboo Fishing Rod||?||? ?||100||?||?|
|Santiago's Fishing Rod||0||683 180||100||Archeum Supply Crate||N/A|
|Springy Steel Fishing Rod||20000||436 141||100||Handicrafts|
|Steel Fishing Rod||10000||325 98||100||Handicrafts|
|Thunderstruck Fishing Rod||50000||1125 345||100||Mirage Isle||50x Fisher King Coin|
|Treasure Rod||?||? ?||100||?||?|
Both the Chum and the Lures can be bought from the Blue Salt Representative Merchants.
Chum[edit | edit source]
|Chum||Carp and Electric Eel||600|
|Chopped Sardines||Bluefin Tuna||1,500|
|Chopped Mackerel||Blue Marlin||3,200|
Lures[edit | edit source]
|Yellow Lure||Bamboo Fishing Rod & Steel Fishing Rod||20|
|Green Lure||Springy Steel Fishing Rod||80|
|Blue Lure||Gilt Fishing Rod||140|
|Red Lure||Archeum Fishing Rod,Santiago's Fishing Rod & Arcadian Smart Rod||200|
Fishing Proficiency Modifiers[edit | edit source]
|Title: Fishing For A Compliment | +8,000 Fishing Proficiency. +10 Agility. Requires 50k Fishing Proficiency to start the quest. Quest obtained from Fisherman Riko in Caernord Entertainment District.|
|Title: Discriminating Tastes +100 Fishing Proficiency. You can get these from the fishing quest line in Ezna harbor (west). Lute song harbor(east)|
|Treaded Wellingtons (Leather boots) +500 Fishing Proficiency. You can get these from the fishing quest line in Ezna harbor (west), Lutesong Harbor (east).|
|Pink, Yellow or Green Kingfin Boater (Cloth head) +1500 Fishing Proficiency. You can buy this for 25 Fisher King Coins (awarded from the fishing competition) from the Contest Coin Collector in mirage.|
|Mermaid Bathtub (furniture) +10000 Fishing Proficiency (2 hour buff). Consumes 1 Dahuta's Bubble potion. You can buy this for 180 Fisher King Coins (awarded from the fishing competition) from the Contest Coin Collector in mirage.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
Each faction has a series of fishing quests that lead you step by step through your first pole to the biggest fish.
East[edit | edit source]
Blue Salt Brotherhood quests based in Villanelle, these fishing based quests help you craft your first fishing pole, gain some worms and get you out there fishing. A good starting hand if you are interesting in becoming a fisherman. The series begins with Fisherman Riko who can be found
in the Private Homes area of Lutesong Harbor. ** As of 3.0 Fisherman Riko has moved to the Entertainment District near the Gold Trader in Caernord.
- The Joys of Fishing
- Quest Unknown
- Snapper and Sea Bass
- Ricefish and Rainbow Trout
- Barracudas and Red Snappers
- Herring and Char
- Baiting Sturgeon
- Quest to get Treaded Wellingtons. Sub-Arctic saltwater fishing Herring and Char
- Quest to get 3 Yellow Lure. Buy 3 Chopped Roosterfish
- Quest to get Fishing title Discriminating Tastes. Sport Fishing for Sturgeon Fry
References[edit | edit source]