Overview[edit | edit source]
A gathering skill centered on fresh and saltwater fishing.
With 5.0? you will have to craft the "sport fishing lure" with 15 iron ingots. Freshwater Fish can be chummed by "chum", which can be bought from a general merchant, or a fishing boat bucket. Saltwater Fish can be chummed with "Chum Bucket", which can be crafted from 60 "Bait Worms" and 40 "Ground Grains"
Basic Fishing[edit | edit source]
Requirements for fishing
- Fishing pole
- Bait Worms (From harvesting Worm Compost bought from the vocation badge merchant at 80 vocation each and from seed bundles.)
Equipping a fishing pole will cause the dynamic shortcut bar to appear containing your fishing abilities. Chum and Lures are not required for basic fishing.
Sport Fishing[edit | edit source]
Requirements for sport fishing
- Fishing pole
Fishing skill influences the damage you do in sport fishing. Allowing you to catch fish faster, and to catch bigger fish. Plus 2 damage bonus every 1000 fishing proficiency on top of the poles base damage. Big damage bonus for each fishing pole requiring higher proficiency.
How to Sport Fish[edit | edit source]
- You need to locate a schools of fish in lakes and oceans. These can be easily spotted, because there will be birds circling the schooling or frenzied fish. Only Carp, Eel and Arowana can be found in lakes. Bluefin Tuna, Sturgeon, Sail Fish, and Blue Marlin are all found in the ocean.
- You must use the correct chum for the fish you are trying to catch. Once you throw the chum in the water it becomes a feeding frenzy.
- When the fish are in their feeding frenzy you can toss out your line. When you craft your fishing rod, you can fish for two hours, afterwards youll need to use a "sport Fishing Lure" (made from 15 iron ingots) to fish for 2 more hours.
- When a fish grabs your line you will hear the sound as if you just started combat. You get the exp, proficiency, and vocation badges as soon as the fish bites. Only benefit to catching it is turning it in for gold. You can let the fish go and recast your line if you just want to quickly gain exp, proficiency, and vocation badges.
- If you decide to catch the fish you can then target the fish and watch what buffs it is using. You then use the skills on your fishing poles shortcut bar to match the buff. Just a tip if you key bind the fishing shortcut bar to the arrow keys and zero on your number pad you can easily determine what skill to use. Left Arrow for Stand Firm Left, Right Arrow for Stand Firm Right, Up Arrow for Big Reel In, Down Arrow for Small Reel In, and Zero for Give Slack. The buffs are generally arrows so key binding it this way can help you avoid clicking the wrong skill.
- When the fish’s HP goes to 0, or sometimes low enough, it will be executed allowing you to pick it up. The fish will appear on your back and acts just like a trade pack. Greatly reduces your movement speed and swim speed.
- Fishing is best done in groups so you can all get fish and turn them in at the same time, since each person can only hold one fish. Fishing boats allow you to store five fry and standard fish, and hooks in the back to store two gargantuan. As well as each person you are with can carry one fish on their back.
- You can then take the fish to a fish scale and get gold based on type of fish, and size.
Fish Prices[edit | edit source]
The average price for each fish is listed below. These prices can vary slightly based on the weight of the fish.
|Average Fish Price|
|Fish||18k HP||30k HP||37k HP|
Fish Prices (Current)[edit | edit source]
Fishing prices have changed, and are quite a bit lower now. Additionally fishes are now classed into 3 different classes which are chosen by chance and not dictate by health. The different sizes can be seen on the fish model, but requires a good eye to exactly determine as the sizes reflect the prices exactly. This means that fish prices are in ranges based on size instead of being constant.
These prices are what I have observed and averaged over a small data size. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mFOTDcayttE1BR-7ysfmKi99Ff5NJruu1YDIuQoInU4/edit?usp=sharing)
Items[edit | edit source]
Fishing Rods[edit | edit source]
At first you can craft a Basic Fishing Rod, then you have to decide if you want;
A Fast Fishing Rod, to do Bait Worm Fishing (Flexible)
A Strong Fishing rod, that deals more damage to Sport Fish (Sturdy)
|Item||Fishing Req.||Damage||Cast Frequency||Success Rate||Source|
|Basic Fishing Rod||0||85||220 Seconds||83%||Handicrafts (Bind On Pickup)|
|Novice's Flexible Fishing Rod||10 000||101||187 Seconds||89%||Handicrafts (Bind On Pickup)|
|Veteran's Flexible Fishing Rod||20 000||131||154 Seconds||93%||Handicrafts (Bind On Pickup)|
|Expert's Flexible Fishing Rod||40 000||170||110 Seconds||96%||Handicrafts (Bind On Pickup)|
|Master's Flexible Fishing Rod||80 000||340||55 Seconds||99%||Handicrafts (Bind On Pickup)|
|Novice's Sturdy Fishing Rod||10 000||202||220 Seconds||89%||Handicrafts (Bind On Pickup)|
|Veteran's Sturdy Fishing Rod||20 000||262||198 Seconds||93%||Handicrafts (Bind On Pickup)|
|Expert's Sturdy Fishing Rod||40 000||340||165 Seconds||96%||Handicrafts (Bind On Pickup)|
|Master's Sturdy Fishing Rod||80 000||680||110 Seconds||99%||Handicrafts (Bind On Pickup)|
|Ultimate Fishing Rod||150 000||680||55 Seconds||99%||Handicrafts (Bind On Pickup)|
Chum[edit | edit source]
|Chum||Freshwater Fishing||1 80|
|Chum Bucket||Salwater Fish||60 bait worms and 40 ground grains|
Lures[edit | edit source]
|Sport Fishing Lure||Every Fishing rod (enable fishing for two hours)||15 Iron Ingots|
Fishing Proficiency Modifiers[edit | edit source]
|Title: Discriminating Tastes||+1000 Fishing Proficiency.||You can get these from the fishing quest line by talking to Fisherman Santiago in Seachild Wharf (west) or talking to Fisherman Riko in Caernord (east).|
|Title: Time Catcher||+2000 Fishing Proficiency.||You can get this as a reward from the Mirage Fishing Contest by exchanging 200x Fisher King Coin to Sopere the Contest Coin Collector in Mirage.|
|Title: Fishing For A Compliment||+8,000 Fishing Proficiency. +10 Agility.||Requires 50k Fishing Proficiency to start the quest. Quest obtained from Fisherman Santiago on the Seachild Wharf Docks (west) or Fisherman Riko in Caernord Entertainment District (east).|
|Title: Krilling It||+12,000 Fishing Proficiency. + 20 Agility.||Requires 180k Fishing Proficiency to start the quest. Quest obtained from Fisherman Santiago on the Seachild Wharf Docks (west) or Fisherman Riko in Caernord Entertainment District (east).|
|Treaded Wellingtons (Leather boots)||+500 Fishing Proficiency.||You can get these from the fishing quest Herring and Squid in by talking to Fisherman Santiago in Seachild Wharf (west) or talking to Fisherman Riko in Caernord (east).|
|Pink, Yellow or Green Kingfin Boater (Cloth head)||+1500 Fishing Proficiency.||You can buy this for 25 Fisher King Coins (awarded from the fishing competition) from the Contest Coin Collector in mirage.|
|Mermaid Bathtub (furniture)||+10000 Fishing Proficiency (2 hour buff).||Consumes 1 Dahuta's Bubble potion. You can buy this for 180 Fisher King Coins (awarded from the fishing competition) from the Contest Coin Collector in mirage.|
Fishing Questline[edit | edit source]
Each faction has a series of fishing quests that lead you step by step through your first pole to the biggest fish. You can start the Blue Salt Brotherhood fishing quests by talking to Fisherman Santiago in Cinderstone Moor if you're part of the West faction or by talking to Fisherman Riko in Ynystere if you're part of the East faction.
** As of 3.0 Fisherman Santiago has moved to the near the Docks of Seachild Wharf in Cinderstone Moor.
Quests[edit | edit source]
- The Joys of Fishing
- Crafting a Fishing Pole
- Snapper and Sea Bass
- Ricefish and Rainbow Trout
- Barracudas and Red Snappers
- Herring and Squid awards Treaded Wellingtons.
- Baiting Sturgeon awards 3 Yellow Lures.
- Catching a Trophy Sturgeon awards the Fishing title Discriminating Tastes.
References[edit | edit source]